MelindaB

Reading Maketh a Full Man...

More to come...

The Discarded Image: An Introduction to Medieval and Renaissance Literature (Canto)
C.S. Lewis
Deep River: The Life and Music of Robert Shaw
Keith C. Burris
Daring, Trusting Spirit
John De Gruchy
The Vatican Diaries: A Behind-the-Scenes Look at the Power, Personalities, and Politics at the Heart of the Catholic Church
John Thavis
The Whisperers: Private Life in Stalin's Russia
Orlando Figes

The Death of the Grown-Up: How America's Arrested Development Is Bringing Down Western Civilization - Diana  West I admit here that I also did not completely read this book. I skimmed it. As in my reading of "The Dumbest Generation", I found this book a "preaching to the choir" type book. Useful really only to those who already hold the idea, but not persuasive enough to convert someone who perhaps didn't think there is any arrested development in America.The information superhighway and the internet, email, and various types of technology were supposed to make people better decision makers because they would have better information from which to make their decisions and easier access to others in making those decisions... but that has not happened. Instead we see people drowning in information and unable to sift through what is true and what is entertainment and hype. This book attempts to answer the "why is this happening?", similar to "The Dumbest Generation".Again, the question that I find more compelling is "how do we change things?". If the problem is as the author states, then how do we move forward?