MelindaB

Reading Maketh a Full Man...

More to come...

The Discarded Image: An Introduction to Medieval and Renaissance Literature (Canto)
C.S. Lewis
Deep River: The Life and Music of Robert Shaw
Keith C. Burris
Daring, Trusting Spirit
John De Gruchy
The Vatican Diaries: A Behind-the-Scenes Look at the Power, Personalities, and Politics at the Heart of the Catholic Church
John Thavis
The Whisperers: Private Life in Stalin's Russia
Orlando Figes

Jungle Pilot: The Gripping Story of the Life and Witness of Nate Saint, Martyred Missionary to Ecuador - Russell T. Hitt This book fleshes out the real life of Nate Saint, the Christian missionary who was martyred in Ecuador along with Jim Elliot and two other missionaries.I have watched "End of the Spear" based on the book by Steve Saint, Nate's son. I have read a great deal about Jim Eliot. And I have been a past supporter of Missionary Aviation Fellowship (www.maf.org). All of these have reinforced my very high opinion of the courage and bravery and ingenuity of these young American missionaries. I have gone to the International Museum of Cultures and seen what has happened to the Waodani, and I know that Nate Saint's life was used greatly by the Lord for good for these people.