MelindaB

Reading Maketh a Full Man...

More to come...

The Discarded Image: An Introduction to Medieval and Renaissance Literature (Canto)
C.S. Lewis
Deep River: The Life and Music of Robert Shaw
Keith C. Burris
Daring, Trusting Spirit
John De Gruchy
The Vatican Diaries: A Behind-the-Scenes Look at the Power, Personalities, and Politics at the Heart of the Catholic Church
John Thavis
The Whisperers: Private Life in Stalin's Russia
Orlando Figes

Lent and Easter Wisdom from G.K. Chesterton: Daily Scripture and Prayers Together with G.K. Chesterton's Own Words (Lent & Easter Wisdom)

Lent and Easter Wisdom from G.K. Chesterton: Daily Scripture and Prayers Together with G.K. Chesterton's Own Words - G.K. Chesterton, Thom Satterlee, Robert Moore-Jumonville We have used various books over the years for different seasons (Advent, Christmas, Passover, Lent, Easter, etc), and most of them have been moved to the "take this book to Half Price books" shelf because they were sappy or were just too long for a family reading. Happily, this is not one of those books. We found "The Center for the Study of C.S. Lewis and Friends" and their book for Advent and Christmas. We went through most of that book during Advent and Christmas and found it very worthwhile. So we took a chance on this book, and found it equally worthwhile. The format of each day is a reading from a book or poem written by G.K. Chesterton, then a scripture reading, a brief prayer, then an action (Lenten or Easter, depending on the portion of the book.) It helps that I am familiar with and enjoy Chesterton's writings already, so the book reading prior to the scripture reading is always something I'm interested in. I would recommend this book!